Saturday, July 11, 2009

Ballarat, Daylesford and Dragging children...

Had a busy week!!
On Sunday I went to Ballarat with my mate Rach to watch a photographer at work.

He was taking pics for a corsetier in a cute little retro-style cafe. He took a few pics of me too!
On the way there, Rach's tape-player/mp3 adaptor started mucking up, so she put a head cleaner tape in. Ah, yeah, not such a good idea. Tape jammed. Since she declared that there was no effing way she was driving to Ballarat with no music, we were pulled over by the side of the road trying to get this bloody tape out using all manner of gadgets. Like forks...

...and screwdrivers.

Finally got it out though. Success!!

Monday me and the kids went to Daylesford with my parents and sisters.

First "family" holiday we've ever had!
My Mum and Dad...

Me and my youngest sis Mirandah...

Dad and I...

Remind me never to take my 3 yo ANYWHERE EVER AGAIN though!! Other than that we had a good time. We had a good browse around the shops and I got a pretty cool vintage haul, which I'll post tomorrow. We went to the lookout tower, and mum and I freaked out as soon as we got to the top and came straight back down. We're not so good with heights!

Then we went to the convent and after my 3yo got a bad case of "floppy-child-syndrome" (wouldn't walk, much to the amusement of passers-by) and I got sick of dragging him (much to the amusement of passers-by)I cracked it, put him back in the car and went back to the caravan.
We went to Maldon and Castlemaine the next day and had a ride on the train. It was SUPPOSED to be the steam train, but it broke down and we had to have the diesel instead. The kids loved it. First time DS3 was quietly enraptured the whole time we'd been away. He fell asleep with his head on the windowsill after sitting there with his head halfway out the window the whole time haha!
Three cheeky monkeys...See no Evil, Hear no Evil, Speak no Evil (yes, I'm aware they're around the wrong way!) L-R Tane, Mirandah and Annie.

No comments:

Post a Comment